This is what happens when you go to a yard sale and have some mechanical creativity

  It was summer time in Alaska which means time to fill the wood shed.  At the time all I had was an 8 pound splitting maul.  After a few days of swinging that thing I had enought and I had a lot of wood to split,  besides that it takes a lot of time.    So as luck would have it a friend of mine called me up and said he was at a yard sale and they had some cool stuff, so I made a trip and found a 6” air cylinder and thought hay I could make a log splitter out of that.  So I gave him $20 for it and headed back to my shop to plan out my air powered log splitter.  I just couldn’t see spending $1500 plus for ones like home depot  have when I can make my own.  So heres what I came up with.



Here is a little video of it in action!


Air powered log splitter video

8 comments:

  1. With hydraulic log splitters
    , it is all about horsepower. Splitters range from fairly weak to super powerful (with increasing prices to boot). For occasional use at home, such as splitting firewood for the winter, going for something on the lower end of the horsepower scale is not only acceptable, but it is desirable from a safety point of view. For professionally logging, go for the big bang motors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A log splitter is used for splitting logs. These split logs are used in a variety of methods in the lumber and construction trades as well as by residence owners. These logs are great for firewood. Yourselfers also use split logs for wood carving, craft initiatives, making log furniture and lots of different projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to see your video but I think you forgot to post.

    ______________
    log splitters for sale used

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little experiment has actually created wonder. Kudos !
    Get more similar info here on hogedrukreiniger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good try to make it yourself.

    Why don't you buy latest technology air powered log splitters from reputable superstores? It saves your cost and time both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. summer time in Alaska which means time to fill the wood shed. ... logsplittercylinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for share this article, it very useful for me.
    I look forward to your new article.
    read this

    ReplyDelete

  8. Cutting tool v2 is a sidekick application to Log4j composed by individuals from the Log4j advancement network. Like various Open Source extends, this new form was based upon motivations, thoughts and manifestations of others. Cutting apparatus v2 has it's foundations from the first Chainsaw utility composed by Oliver Burn, and with motivation from the Log Factor 5 utility contributed by ThoughtWorks Inc.
    http://bestconsumersreview.activeboard.com/

    ReplyDelete